Tuesday, June 3, 2008

TWD: French Chocolate Brownies



DSC00441
Whooo man are those rum soaked/flamed raisins good! I used Captain Morgan Tattoo rum since it was the only dark rum I had in the house. It gave the raisins a delicious vanilla and spice flavor. I used craisins for the snails awhile back, so this was my first taste of these. Nummy!

The brownies came together easily, although they took a little longer than your basic brownie recipe. Not the recipe you reach for when the husband (or best friend) looks over at you at 9pm and says, "You know, some brownies would be nice. Hint. Hint. I love youuuu!" (Okay, the best friend is usually more demanding and/or rude. Heh.)

I used the cinnamon (in for a penny, ie raisins...) and the taste in the batter was very subtle. I don't think I could taste it at all once the brownies were cooked. But the raisins were a lovely addition of sweet and slightly spicy when I got to one. I might even bump those up a bit next time. I can't wait to try these when they're room temperature...

This week's recipe was chosen by Di of Di's Kitchen Notebook. Head over there to see the recipe and her beautiful pictures.

15 comments:

Mari said...

I can't even look at these, cause it just makes me want to whip up another batch! ;-)

Susie Homemaker said...

I couldn't taste the cinnamon either - i wonder if we would have noticed if it weren't there at all? congrats on using the raisins - so many of us - including me - opted out and used something else!

Sarah said...

Those look super gooey and chocolatey...great job!

Engineer Baker said...

I'm glad you liked the raisins in these!

Anonymous said...

I didn't have the raisins but thought the cinnamon brilliant! How interesting our different results are!

Jacque said...

Mmm, yours look so chocolaty and fudgey. Great job!

Linda said...

Definitely agree that this is more than just a one-bowl brownie recipe. Still, I'm glad it was worth the extra effort...great job!

Anonymous said...

Awww, now I wish I had just ... one ... more. ;)

ostwestwind said...

Tasty looking brownies! Glad you liked the raisins.
Ulrike from Küchenlatein

PheMom said...

Nice job! Glad you liked them!

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

Looks fudgey and delicious!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

Rachel said...

Looking good! Glad you liked the raisins. :)

CRS said...

THey look fantastic!!

Sharon said...

Wow, it looks great!

Lori said...

You make me want to try the raisins!

yeah no offense to those who said it but I didnt even taste the cinnamon in it.