Thursday, June 26, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers: Parmesan Chicken



DSC00581
How great is it to come home from a long day at work to the smell of dinner cooking? Now imagine dinner looked like this:

And it tasted as good as it looked. (Maybe even better since I didn't have to cook it, heh.)

Bill took over the shopping and cooking duties for me on this one, so he made a few modifications to his taste. (Base recipe link is available here.) He opted for romaine lettuce instead of mixed greens, and whipped up a balsamic vinaigrette instead of the lemon (just switched out balsamic vinegar for the lemon juice).

Big thumbs up from me, and a smaller thumbs up from Bill. The chicken was moist and tasty, specially when you got everything together in one bite. Bill thought the chicken could have used more flavor (and when you ate it by itself, some additional spices would have been nice). All in all, I'd have to say this is a recipe that I'll gladly add to the week-night rotation.

Thanks to Megan of My Baking Adventures for picking a great recipe! And don't forget to check out the other Barefoot Blogger entries for this.

Parmesan Chicken Mosaic


(PS - Like the Rolling Rock shot? LOL That's his preferred method of cooking. One beer plus cooking makes him a happy camper.)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

It looks great! And as a huge Rolling Rock fan...I dug that picture! ;)

Liliana said...

How nice to have your husband cook for you! It turned out great!

Unknown said...

Nice job, Bill! Looks great.

Prudy said...

Chicken looks fab and your cobbler with mango and blackberry would be such a great dessert.

Heather B said...

Great job! Bill made a very delicious looking dish!

Honeyed Hashette said...

You have a husband that will not only cook, but cook for your online cooking community? That surely gets him brownie points? I am so impressed!

I joined BB too after seeing it on your blog and wanted to say hi.

My Sweet & Saucy said...

What a great looking dinner! I love her recipes!