Thursday, June 12, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers: Pasta, Pesto, and Peas

DSC00462 I was wondering a few weeks ago what it would be like to work through another cookbook (or cook's recipe collection). And like magic, I stumbled on Barefoot Bloggers. They(We)'re doing a twice monthly event dedicated to The Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten.

For the first June recipe, Elizabeth of Ugg Smell Food chose Pasta, Pesto, and Peas. This is my first Ina recipe, and I have to say, it was a success. I did have a few problems with ingredients. My local grocery store didn't have full size fusilli pasta, but it did have mini versions. I opted to go for ready made pesto as well instead of making my own. I put it together early in the day to serve later, and the pasta seemed to mellow well.

I wasn't initially sure it was that good, but quickly found out I couldn't stop eating the stuff. Hubby loved it and I sent a large container home with a dinner guest who asked for the recipe. Next time, I'll definitely cut it in half unless I'm planning on taking it to a party. This makes a ton of pasta!

DSC00445

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those piccolini pastas - my store was out of them when I went shopping, unfortunately. Your PP&P looks great!

Prudy said...

I wish I could get piccolini pasta here. It's just too cute. Your pasta looks so yummy and so does your strawberry tart!

bethanyjg said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love the variety in this pasta salad. One bite is not enough.

Anonymous said...

How cool! I used the exact same mini-pasta for my recipe!!

Honeyed Hashette said...

YUM!
I am a sucker for pesto! When I was in college I was spoiled because my roommate's mom would bring us jars of homemade pesto she made from her garden! I miss that.
I'm gonna have to check into this barefoot blogger thing. I do cupcake hero, but I would love to do something focused on meals too.
Thanks for posting about this.

Melissa said...

That mini pasta is too cute!

Sarah said...

Looks great!

NKP said...

I love the mini pasta. I have never seen it before. Your pasta looks great and your tart divine. I like the apple version, very creative.

Heather B said...

Love the mini pasta! Great job! It looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Your pasta looks delish and yummy!!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Love the mini pasta--I haven't seen it where I live yet but I would make it with the smaller shapes too if I could. More fun!
Love your pictures too!

Honeyed Hashette said...

I just nominated you for a blog award on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

love how this turned out for you Natalie!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!