Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chicken Nachos

Chicken Nachos


I found a recipe for these over at IHeartFood4Thought and they looked awesome.

I used some of Bill's homemade roasted corn salsa, and regular onion instead of green - but everything else was pretty much per recipe.

They were tasty, tasty, tasty. The tip of cooking the chips for 5 minutes before adding the chicken mixture was a winner. My nachos in the past have always been pretty soggy no matter what I did. The combo of heating the chicken stuff and baking the chips kept most of them crisp.

Oh, and I made them a second time only riffing on the chicken mix. Bean salsa and green chilis and corn salsa and green enchilada sauce (all leftover from the Margarita & Munchies party) - I think I liked the second batch even better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Those are some serious nachos! The homemade roasted corn salsa has me intrigued...it sounds wonderful.

CB said...

So glad you liked it!! My hubs is addicted to them. I'd say we eat them at least 1x a month if not more. Ooops! haha.
-Clara

Jhianna said...

Karina: The recipe for the roasted corn salsa was here http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=257307
It's definitely a keeper!

CB: I think it was your post on them that made think I had to give it a try! Sooo tasty, thanks!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.