Thursday, July 24, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers: Smoked Salmon Spread

DSC00828


Recipe chosen by: Ashley of The Spicy Skillet
Link to Recipe: Smoked Salmon Spread

The jury is still out on this one. I really want to like it, but I'm just not sure. The first bite after letting it chill overnight made me think it needed more spices. But it grows on you. The dip is creamy and a great contrast to the smoky salmon and the hint of dill and lemon come through. Hubby thought it was a little bland, but he didn't have much of it. My timing was off making this one or I would have served it to the tasting crew for their opinions too.

(Did I say it grows on you? I've eaten a monster portion of it while uploading the pictures and writing the post. Gah!)

11 comments:

Sarah said...

great job! seems like it is growning on you...everyone says it gets better with time!

Unknown said...

Glad it's growing on you...I'm hoping it will do the same for me today!

Prudy said...

Beautiful work, and I'm glad you liked it enough to let it grow on you. YOur cobbler from TWD is so pretty, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it grew on you. I really wished that I had some bell peppers for it, but I was stuck with cucumbers. I'm glad you liked it.
~The Cat's Pajamas

Deb in Hawaii said...

It does kind of grow on you. Love the plate--it looks so pretty on it!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

I really enjoyed your photo of the spread, even if the taste testers aren't too sure about it, the picture makes it look amazing :) great job!

Anne said...

It looks great, but I'm with you, the jury is still out! I love your photo- nice job!

Anonymous said...

I hope it continues to "grow on you"! Haha! Thanks for giving it a shot. It looks like it turned out great for you.

Liliana said...

Great photo! Hope it keeps growing on you!

Honeyed Hashette said...

Sorry it was a little bland. I want to make this and think I will try stuffing it in tomatoes like another BBer I saw. YUM!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.