Here's the final cake I made for my first decorating class. It was supposed to have a rose spray on top, but my roses were pathetic. The first one I tried on my own looked like a cabbage. A pretty teal colored cabbage, but a cabbage nonetheless. Once I got to class, the instructor agreed with me that my icing was too stiff causing all the breakage, so I added water. I had to add water one more time, but got too much so my roses sort of slumped into an almost solid ball of icing.
I thought about putting them on for the picture since it's a learning class after all, but I want to take the cake to work. Using my drop flowers seemed like a better choice.
PS - sorry for the lack of comments here and everywhere. With this cold, it's all I can do to keep my head above water these days.