Tuesday, December 30, 2008

TWD: Buttery Jam Cookies

Ready for Work

Recipe chosen by: Heather of Randomosity and the Girl
Link to TWD Group: Tuesdays With Dorie

I made these back before Heather's week (Dec 16th) but couldn't get the pictures downloaded. I hope it's okay to post them now.

I loved these cookies. I used some strawberry jam I'd bought for another of the Dorie recipes since it was thick and really tasty. I love ginger, so I chunked up some crystallized ginger to add a little punch.

They turned out a lovely light pink color, had a hint of strawberry, and the ginger chunks were a nice surprise.

If I changed anything, I'd try making them into thumbprint cookies with a dollop of the jam. I think that extra bit of jam would give them a little more oomph. Oh, and I had the same experience as everyone else - the cookies didn't spread much. I used my large cookie scoop, and they came out lovely domes. They also were even better the second day (they didn't last a third).

Thank you Heather for picking a recipe that I loved and probably wouldn't have looked at twice!

Prep

Oy, we get it, it's pink

5 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Mmm... chunks of ginger... I agree though - a little dollop of jam in the middle would *make* these cookies.

Sarah said...

i like the idea of adding a thumbprint of jam. great job!

Rebecca said...

I sort of went the thumbprint route, and they were yummy. And don't worry, I posted these today, too. ;)

pinkstripes said...

Yum! Strawberry ginger sounds great.

Happy New Year!

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com